A not so pleasant Lake Toba trip

A lot of you may ask, why this kind of post's title? How unpleasant is it?

Well, there's always some consequences facts that we need to face when we book our holiday trip with friends on one year before during the cheap fare promotion. And, since its cheap, people tends to last minute cancel the trip to accommodate for others thingy. If it is due to emergency, I can understand; but if you cancel this trip because you arranged another trip & "forgotten" about this trip... Then sorry, I will not call you for my next holiday trip anymore...

This trip supposingly to be a 4-person trip, but in the end, 2 person decided to cancel off & "burn" the air ticket, coz its cheap & they don't care...Well, only left me & another friend then, but... my friend got chicken pop on the second day of this trip...  
The trip began with 2 guys arriving at the Medan's Kualanamu International Airport. The airport looks kinda nice & the road condition nearby the airport seems to be good as well. We got into a cab & travel for 6 hours to go to our destination - Danau Toba. 

Let me tell you, these 6 hours were the most suffering journey I ever have. Not only the cab "does not" have aircond, the road conditions become worse & worsen when you travel further away from the airport. Medan is the 4th big city of Indonesia, I expect it would be like Surabaya's conditions... and the hot weather is killing me :(

When we reach Danau Toba, we have to take another 30-45 mins of boat ride to our hotel. Lake Toba is the largest volcanic lake in the world & which is about 100km long; 30km wide; 505m deep. I'm kinda happy a bit when I saw the hotel that I insisted to book during the discussion with my friends. The hotel is Mas Cottages & located in the Samosir Island. Our room was just in front of the lake & its about the mid of all places :)

Its not very windy during that time but at least not as hot as the Medan City. But too bad, my friend chicken pop started to "pop out" one by one. We thought of renting a motorbike to go to the nearest clinic or hospital but the local people here keep on criticize on the medical center at here & advice us better to buy some medicine & eat... 
As we are still deciding whether to go for doctor's treatment or not, our tummy need an urgent treatment instead. We climb some staircase and reach the top of Mas Cottages, you can have breakfast, lunch & dinner here. The view is so nice, you can see the lake so clearly from here & the environment is kinda peaceful as well.

As the time is kinda late after we ate, we decided to only rent the motorbike on the next day to ride around the island & look for any medical center too. First night we slept quite early because there's nothing to do and the wifi is kinda slow as well + my friend really need to get more rest too...
We began our journey on the next day after breakfast, its nice to ride around & not wearing any helmet :p Of course we don't dare to do so if we are back at our country hehe... But the local police did stop us because of the helmet. Apparently the police & also the local people here thought my friend is a Pinoy while I'm either from Taiwan or China until we force to speak our-so-called fluent Bahasa Malaysia... 

The island is nice but once again sorry not much photos to share as most of the photos had me inside of it... The most memorable place will be this Huta Siallgan which was from the long long time ago Batak culture. When we step inside, i'm not sure why but the whole place creep me up. The feeling of uncomfortable makes me wanna leave this place fast... After that, we found a local hospital & my friend went for his treatment. Apparently the local people is right about the medical center :) Not only there's no injection or any other treatment, the doctor gave some medicine which we already bought from some convenient shop earlier on...

On the third day of our trip, most of the was spend on the stupid journey back to Medan City. This time not only it took us more than 6 hours, the cab driver trying to charge us extra to fork up the money for another passenger. Excuse me, I don't think I look like a Taiwanese or China guy. You can see "MALAYSIAN" writing on my face ok... & don't think that I keep quiet means i don't understand what the hell you guys are talking in the cab. When the cab driver use English to ask us for extra pay, I answer him in Bahasa Malaysia and it freaked him out a lil bit. In the end, we do not need to pay the extra money but the whole journey is just so tiring & frustrating...

Well, the Medan City tour is cancel off because it will be better for my friend to rest in the hotel room with aircond. And me also slowly fall into sleep after some time. Though its really bored just staying in the hotel room, but at least my mind can be relax after some few busy months in the office. 

Though the whole trip is not that pleasant, but I will definitely come back to Medan again to complete this "incomplete" trip... But maybe just a weekend to go around the Medan City will do if the air ticket is cheap~ 

0 who am I - questions: